The Malung Community Center is proud to host the First Annual Malung Mountain Cardboard Sled Race Bonanza on Sunday, Feb 16, 2020. 1:00 pm Entry 1:30 pm Drivers Meeting 2:00
The Malung Community Center is proud to host the First Annual Malung Mountain Cardboard Sled Race Bonanza on Sunday, Feb 16, 2020.
- 1:00 pm Entry
- 1:30 pm Drivers Meeting
- 2:00 pm Race
There is no entry fee. Lunch will be available for a free will donation. There will be awards for the “Coolest Sled”, Distance, Wipe Out and Top of the Hill.
Safety and fun is the objective. For safety, all participants must follow the event rules. For fun, all participants need to follow the rules with a smile on their face and remember that this in an event organized and run by volunteers who work hard to ensure everyone has a safe and fun time. See you at Malung Mountain! Helmets (snowmobile, bike, hockey, etc.) are recommended.
Construction of sleds. Additional information at: malungcommunitycenter.com
- All sleds will be issued a registration number
- Your sled must pass inspection in order to be allowed on the hill
- Your sled must be free of sharp edges, pointy objects, or any other feature that is deemed dangerous by inspectors. If you are unable to remove such objects from your sled, you will not be allowed to race.
- Only cardboard may be used, held together with tapes, string, rope and glues, no wood, no metal, no staples, no rigid plastic, an no glass.
- 100% of the bottom of the sled may be waxed or covered.
- Sleds may be decorated with spray paint, chalk, etc. – Be creative!
- No more than two riders per sled
- Questions? Contact Don M. at 218-280-8253 or Chancy O. at 218-242-5262
(Sunday) 1:00 pm - 2:00 am
Malung Community Center
41071 Malung St Roseau, MN 56751